Friday, November 6, 2015

Feedback

It would be greatly appreciated if everyone could give feedback on their experience with my training methods. Positive or negative are both welcome.  If you feel your needs were met, saw results and whether or not your goals were reached. Also include any ways you feel your experience could be better. If you would like to attach a photo of yourself that would be even better! These will be featured on my STRIVE4 website.

Thank you in advance,

13 comments:

  1. I've trained with Joel for more than a year and am very pleased with the outcome. When I first started I was a novice and had no clue what I needed to do. Joel showed me the ropes of working out as well as overall wellness and nutrition and am very pleased with the outcome. Not only do I look better but I feel better. I highly recommend anyone looking to improve their overall health and wellness to consider his expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked out with Joel for a year. He helped me build muscle, and taught me how to feel comfortable with weight training at the gym. I always felt better after our sessions. He pushed me with my training goals, and always made me feel confident. I recommend him for training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joel is a an excellent fitness trainer with a great attitude and plenty of experience.

    I worked with Joel for 6 months and I have only good things to report.  Joel moved through his program beginning with controling my own body weight, then we worked on endurance training and finally strength training.  Joel was encouraging and fun to work with; he always had a smile on his face and was always ready with encouragement.  I always felt like Joel was invested in our relationship and seeing how I was doing when I came to the gym, it was obvious that he cares about his clients.

    The Workouts - Man, did I leave sore!  Joel was constantly finding my threshold and making me push through sets I didn't think I could do!  Joel always was able to encourage me to get after it!  Joel was very innovative in his workouts; we used a variety of exercises from free weights to body weights to machine weights.  Joel had a few staples that we worked every week but there was always something new to do.

    Joel was also very adaptive, I have some injuries that made certain exercises very difficult.  Joel was always able to give me a different position, motify the movement or substitute a new set to make sure I was not injuring myself further.

    Overall, Joel is a compassionate, professional and experienced trainer.  He provides top level services at very reasonable prices.  He is very dedicated to clients and he makes it working out a very fun and enjoyable experience.  I will say, you will probably be hurting a day later, haha.... but in a good way :)

    Warmly,

    Gabe Montelaro
    gabemontelaro@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working with Joel was awesome. I have an occupational injury and he was able to not only work around it but make the muscles around it stronger. Working with him was a great experience and I highly recommend him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working with Joel has been great. I've learned new exercises to work into my routine, and found ways around a problem I was having with my shoulder by strengthening the muscles around it. I strongly recommend him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have worked with Joel for a year and a half. I have had injuries he has worked around as I have had two bulging discs & a meniscus tear. I was always a person who lifted hard & heavy. I used to be a runner who didn't see benefits to running unless I ran 5 miles or further. Joel has taught me working with my own body weight can be just as beneficial as being able to lift heavy weights. My goal is to tone instead of building larger muscles. Working on core has helped with my back issues and he has taught me the benefit of quick cardio instead of running for miles and miles taking up loads of time in my day and being harmful to the body for the long haul.

    Joel comes up with ingenious ideas to target muscle groups you are working on and will push you to the point of exhaustion so you get results. Joel has definately helped me change my workout habits so I can still enjoy my workouts, strengthen and get results in a different manner especially as I age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy working with Joel. He is very personable and professional and works with you to meet your goals. He pushes you just enough but not too much that you can’t walk out of the gym afterwards!

    It can be intimidating trying to find a new trainer that you like working with. Joel makes you feel very comfortable from the start and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I worked with Joel for approximately 1 year. I have 3 bulging discs, and a bum knee which is need of a replacement, and had my right ankle reconstructed. Joel worked around my injures and concerns safely. Joel and I would work in the Gym on many different machines, free weights and using my own body weight.

    We also worked in the swimming pool which was a safe and therapeutic way to work my back to make it stronger. I was able to get more cardio in using the swimming pool. I completely enjoyed my time with Joel and would absolutely recommend Joel if you are looking for someone that will work with you and if you have any injuries he will work safely around them in a very professional manner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I HAVE WORKED WITH JOEL FOR ALMOST 2 years. WHEN I FIRST MET HIM I WAS NOT CONSISTENT WITH MY WORKOUTS OR EVEN COMING TO THE GYM OFTEN. I DECIDED TO TRY A TRAINER AND WAS PAIRED WITH JOEL. I HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT AND PRAISE FOR JOEL AS A PERSON AND AS A TRAINER. HE PUTS YOUR NEEDS FIRST AND LISTENS TO WHAT YOUR FITNESS GOALS ARE AND WILL CREATE WORKOUTS TO FULFILL YOUR REQUESTS. HE IS ALWAYS PROFESSIONAL AND GENUINELY CARES ABOUT GETTING YOU RESULTS AND YOU AS A PERSON. THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE'S NOT TOUGH THOUGH. HE DESIGNS WORKOUTS USING YOUR OWN BODY STRENGTH, MACHINES AND FREE WEIGHTS AS WELL AS ADDED PIECES OF EQUIPMENT SUCH AS THE BALL, BANDS, STEPS, ETC. HIS WORKOUTS ARE TOUGH AND CHALLENGING BUT DO-ABLE. WHEN I FIRST STARTED WORKING OUT WITH JOEL I WAS ONLY COMING TO THE GYM ONCE A WEEK IF THAT. AFTER A FEW WEEKS WITH JOEL, I STARTED FEELING BETTER ABOUT MYSELF AND BELIEVE THAT MY PERSONAL FITNESS GOAL WERE ATTAINABLE. I STARTED COMING MORE OFTEN AND WENT FROM WALKING ON THE TREADMILL TO RUNNING BEFORE LONG. I THANK JOEL FOR RESPECTING ME AS AN INDIVIDUAL CLIENT AND WORKING ON MY LEVEL. MOST TRAINERS DO ONE STANDARD WORK OUT ROUTINE FOR ALL CLIENTS. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND JOEL TO ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN PERSONAL TRAINING. HE IS AS HONEST AND PROFESSIONAL AS HE IS HARD WORKING AND RESPECTS EACH CLIENT AND THEIR FITNESS NEEDS.
    THANKS JOEL,
    DARLENE M.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joel worked with me for over a year, including helping me recover and rehab after knee surgery. He is awesome! He knows how to work with people on an individual basis and help them be the best they can be. He keeps the workouts varied and interesting, but always challenging without the fear of pushing to the point of injury. I always looked forward to my "Joel Days." You would do yourself a huge favor and step toward a healthy body by working with him. He's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. After months of inconsistent visits to the gym, I finally decided to schedule time with a trainer to bring purpose to my time at the gym and bring consistency to my workout routine. Joel was a great partner in helping me incorporate exercise into my daily life. We met once a week, but Joel was great about teaching me exercises that I could do at the gym or at home. He knew when to push me and always made me feel accountable for my progress (in a good way)! We set a goal at one of my initial sessions and within the five months we trained together, I had attained my goal. If you're ready to commit yourself to a healthy lifestyle and are looking for a coach/partner to help see you through to your goals, Joel's your guy. Even if you're not ready to commit, spend a few sessions with Joel and you might change your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A few months ago, I found myself needing to make a change in my life in a big way. I had no choice but to alter my diet, lose weight, and gain muscle.

    I picked up a business card and flyer for Strive 4, and I am so glad that I did. My experiences with Joel and S4 have been nothing but positive. His upbeat personality and positivity were front-and-center the minute that I met him. I was very excited and motivated to start to work with him after our free consultation, which helped show me a lot about where I was physically. We talked about my goals, which helped him to create a plan that was geared toward me and achieving those goals.

    I have never worked with a personal trainer before, so I did not know what to expect. Joel was (still is) awesome! He is down-to-Earth, professional, knowledgeable about his craft, and explains things in a clear manner. He demonstrates movements flawlessly and always assures that I am performing those movements properly so that I can maximize the benefits of them and avoid injury. He is constantly motivating – whether it is through a set of repetitions or simply a “great work” after a workout. I truly feel that he cares about my progress and my success.

    I really enjoy his training style. I am constantly being challenged. I have learned the benefits of executing movements with my own body weight and on a piece of gym equipment. Joel is always making the workout interesting. I never feel bored during a workout, but I also never feel like I cannot handle it. He is very aware of making the workout challenging, but not too hard that I cannot properly perform the movements.

    To date, I have lost 20 pounds working with Joel twice a week (and on my own the other days). I am beyond thrilled with my results and experiences with him. He is phenomenal! I would (and do) recommend him to anyone in need of his services, which are extremely reasonably priced.

    In my opinion, when one enters into this type of relationship with a personal trainer, it is an investment of time, energy, and money. Joel is worth every minute, every ounce of strength, and every penny! He is outstanding! His personality and professionalism truly show what a success he is. I appreciate his help and everything that he has helped me accomplish!

    ReplyDelete